Valsartan is used to lower high blood pressure. It is also used to treat heart failure and reduce the risk of heart failure. Valsartan is used to improve your survival chances after having a heart attack. However, many blood pressure medications containing Valsartan have been recalled. Important: Consult with your physician about your medication containing Valsartan and what you should do. Do not stop taking your medication without having a consultation with your physician first.
Why was Valsartan recalled?
There are many reasons why a drug may be recalled. If there are enough side effects, and enough of those side effects are serious, a company may issue a voluntary recall, or the FDA may require a forced recall. Let’s take a look at the side effects of Valsartan:
Possible Valsartan Side Effects
- low blood pressure
- symptoms similar to the flu
- abdominal pain
- joint pain
- back pain
- high blood potassium- symptoms include: heart rhythm problems, muscle weakness, slow heart rate
- skin rash
Serious Valsartan Side Effects
These issues are likely the most concerning. They can be dangerous if left without treatment. If the following symptoms occur, consult with your doctor immediately.
Low Blood Pressure
Someone with low blood pressure may feel dizzy or feeling like they are going to faint. This is a clear indicator that something is wrong. You will definitely want to contact your physician.
This is the main reason for the recall. Symptoms of kidney disease include swelling in your feet or hands. You may also experience unexpected weight gain.
The Valsartan Recall List
Below is a list of the current Valsartan makers and the recalled Valsartan and Losartan products they provide. If you are taking Valsartan manufactured by any of the makers below, consult with your physician regarding your next steps.
- A-S Medication Solutions LLC (Teva/Actavis & Prinston/Solco)
- American Health Packaging (Aurobindo)
- Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc.
- Aurobindo Pharma USA, Inc. (Acetris)
- AvKare (Torrent)
- AvKARE, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
- AvKARE, Inc. (Teva/Actavis)
- Bryant Ranch Prepack Inc. (Teva/Actavis)
- Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Golden State Medical Supply (Teva Pharamceuticals USA, Inc.)
- H J Harkins Company Inc dba Pharma Pac (Camber)
- Heritage Pharmaceuticals Inc (Vivimed)
- Hetero Labs, Inc., labeled as Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC (Torrent)
- Macleods Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals
- NuCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Torrent)
- Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc., labeled as Solco Healthcare
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc., dba Solco Healthcare LLC
- RemedyRepack Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- RemedyRepack Inc. (Torrent)
- RemedyRepack, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
- Rising Pharmaceuticals Inc., labeled as Acetris Health, LLC (Aurobindo)
- Sandoz Inc.
- ScieGen Pharmaceuticals, labeled as GSMS Incorporated
- ScieGen Pharmaceuticals, labeled as Westminster Pharmaceuticals
- Solco Healthcare LLC. (Prinston)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., labeled as Actavis Pharma, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., labeled as Major Pharmaceuticals
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited, labeled as Major Pharmaceuticals
To see a complete list of dosages Lot Numbers, click here.
One of the main issues with the Valsartan recall is the fact that pharmaceutical companies have a lot of overlap. There are also different branches and divisions of those companies. They also manufacture brands under different names.
Have you experienced side effects after taking Valsartan?
You may be entitled to compensation. If those side effects rendered you unable to work, too sick to work, or inhibited your ability to function, you may have a case. You are entitled to compensation if you’ve incurred damages, such as pain and suffering or lost assets, we may be able to help you. Complete our Valsartan Lawsuit form and describe your situation. One of our helpful staff will reach out to you as soon as possible. Also, you can call (888) 333-1599 to get started now.